Inkandescent Entrepreneur Show
Dr. Andrew Weil is the world-renowned leader and pioneer in the field of integrative medicine — which is a healing-oriented approach to health care that encompasses body, mind, and spirit.
A Harvard University-trained doctor, he is the founder and director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona’s Health Sciences Center. Dr. Weil is also the author of 14 books, including 8 Weeks to Optimum Health, and Healthy Aging. And, he is our star Entrepreneur of the Month in the December 2013 issue of Be Inkandescent magazine.
Today on the Inkandescent Entrepreneur Show we talked to Dr. Weil about one of his latest books, Spontaneous Happiness: A New Path to Emotional Well-Being, an acclaimed bestseller that redefines the notion of happiness and as iVillage said, “This book is a refreshing combination of clarity, science, and practical wisdom.”
In this podcast interview you’ll learn:
- Why do so many people struggle with feeling unhappy, anxious and depressed?
- What does it mean to have an “emotional sea level,” which is not “happiness,” per say, but rather contentment and a calm acceptance?
- What inspired Dr. Weil to write this book — and why is he so frustrated with the over-prescription of anti-depressant drugs?
- The three simple things you can do to improve your mental well-being.
- And, his favorite recipes that you can create simply and quickly in your own kitchen to lift your mood and improve your health from his new cookbook, “True Food: Seasonal, Sustainable, Simple, Pure.”
Download the podcast now!