The Truly Amazing Women Radio Show
Acclaimed DC broadcaster Jan Fox’s four Emmy Awards attest to her stellar 30 year career in local network news.
But don’t ask her where she went to Journalism School. The only woman role model on TV when Jan was a kid was “I LOVE LUCY.”
Jan likes to say she came from a poor house in Shelbyville, Indiana, all the way to the White House and Hollywood interviewing many celebrities and US Presidents – a life she never could have imagined. So we were thrilled to talk with Jan about her amazing journey.
In this podcast interview, Jan tells us:
- About the Emmys she won at WUSA TV9 for Best Investigative Reporting, Best Feature Story, and the coveted Station Community Service EMMY for your work on child car seat checks
- How, at the NBC station in Portland, ME, she helped bring the ratings to number 1 with an unheard of 51% market share
- About one of her most memorable moments in TV — when in Boston at ABC she led an elephant into Boston Square Garden
- Why she retired at 62
- Why she launched her own speaking and coaching company, FoxTalks.com, and who some of her top secret customers are
- And the three tips she offers for all entrepreneurs about how to speak well before groups of 30 — or 3,000!
Download the podcast now!
And for more information about Jan and her speaking training firm, be sure to check out her website, FoxTalks.com.