Dishing It: From Soup to Nuts
Michele Muska is a woman who speaks in textures. The fiber artist based in Enfield, Connecticut lives, creates, and works in a colorful world where fibers and textiles tell her story.
Michele started her company, LolaRae, over a decade ago to showcase her fanciful creations, wearable art, quilts, and adornments. But that’s her side business!
By day, she’s the Marketing Communications Manager for Simplicity Creative Group and their family of brands which include Simplicity Patterns, Wrights, Boye, EZ Quilting, Conso and British Trimmings.
During the last seven years, she has helped in the development and design of new product, implemented educational opportunities and worked with their customers to provide a clear vision of how Simplicity Creative Group can foster and inspire creativity in the individual.
Today, though, we are talking with the marvelous Michele about another one of her creations — the Midsummer Night’s Dream Pie that landed on the cover of the popular book, “Pie-ography,” by Where Women Cook creator Jo Packham.
In this podcast interview you’ll learn:
- About her delicious pie: its history — and given the biographical theme of “Pie-orgraphy” — what the Midsummer Night’s Dream Pie tell us about her.
- The other pies and dishes she creates that family and friends flock to her house to eat.
- What she loves about cooking, quilting, and creating beautiful things.
- How she got into the business of crafts in the first place.
- You’ll learn about her delicious day job at Simplicity, and how to she has long balanced work and career — and the advice she has for other women trying to do the same.
- She also gives us her insights as to why women, especially those in mid-life, struggle to admit how amazing they are!
Download the podcast now!
- And click here to read Michele’s recipe for her magnificent Midsummer Night’s Dream Pie in the December 2013 issue of BeInkandescent.com.