Art 101: My Life As An Artist
NOVEMBER 12, 2012
ON TODAY’S SHOW:
Our spotlight is on: Michael Radparvar, co-founder Holstee: design with conscience
Our hot topic: The Holstee Manifesto
Your host: Hope Katz Gibbs, publisher of Be Inkandescent magazine, and founder & president of The Inkandescent Group, LLC
On this episode of the Inkandescent Entrepreneur Show, Michael Radparvar, co-founder Holstee, co-author The Holstee Manifesto joins us for a spotlight interview.
We wanted to know what happens when three twentysomethings, each with a social conscience and desire to make a difference in the world, sit down and write a manifesto about the change they want to see in the world? The answer: The Holstee Manifesto!
When we found the document (while on a Wiki-trip, of course), we reached out to co-author Radparvar, now 30, a graphic designer who in 2009 co-founded Holstee with his brother Dave, also 30, and their buddy Fabian, 27.
*In this episode of the Inkandescent Entrepreneur Show, you’ll learn why millions have dubbed Radparvar and his co-authors the entrepreneurial philosophers of their generation.
You’ll also find out:
- How Mike Dave, and Fabian got into the design business
- Whether they ever conceived it would touch, and reach, so many people around the world
- What has changed since the Manifesto went viral
- How he thinks being a Millennial has impacted his worldview—as well as your ideas about business
- Why the Manifesto also makes sense to older generations, too
- Lessons he and his partners have learned in the last three years running their start-up
- And, Radparvar shares his three tips for other budding entrepreneurs
• Download our podcast interview with Michael Radparvar, right.
About The Inkandescent Entrepreneur Show: What’s Your Story?
Hosted by journalist, publicist, author, and entrepreneur Hope Katz Gibbs, the show will spotlight the Entrepreneurs of the Month featured on her monthly business magazine, www.BeInkandescent.com, — as well as the Truly Amazing Women she has interviewed for her book project, www.TrulyAmazingWomen.com.
Gibbs will also be interviewing the bestselling authors, nationally renowned artists, and expert columnists featured in Be Inkandescent magazine, and on her popular networking website, www.InkandescentNetworking.com, which lists hundreds of the best networking events—and professionals—in seven East Coast cities. Plus, she’ll be talking to top restaurateurs, chefs, foodies, and hoteliers whom she spotlights in her “From Soup to Nuts” reviews.
Promoting, educating, and inspiring entrepreneurs is the mission of The Inkandescent Group, LLC — a PR, marketing, design, and publishing company that helps small businesses get the visibility they need to glow and grow.