The Truly Amazing Women Radio Show
Yoga teacher Lisa Rueff is the executive director of the Do It For the Love Foundation, founded in August 2013 by rocker Michael Franti and ER nurse Sara Agah.
This wish-granting organization brings people to live concerts who are in advanced stages of life-threatening illnesses, as well as children with severe challenges and wounded veterans.
Before joining Do It For The Love Foundation, Lisa worked with Virgin Unite—the philanthropic arm of Richard Branson’s Virgin Companies. Her job included organizing trips to countries that Virgin focused on for cultural exploration and entrepreneurial sharing.
Highlights include leading a trip to Jordan with Her Majesty Queen Noor as Ambassador, and with Sir Richard Branson to South Africa to focus on professional skills assistance, educational opportunities, and making the global village an even better place to live. In addition, Lisa is an internationally celebrated yoga teacher. Through her company, Yoga Ventures, she has led more than 30 humanitarian-focused yoga and service trips abroad. She encourages her students to discover the joys of philanthropy and volunteer work, which ultimately means practicing yoga on and off your mat.
In this podcast interview, we learn:
- How Lisa got involved with the Do It For the Love Foundation.
- Who inspired the Franti and Agah to start the Foundation.
- How the process of applying works, and how many people have been beneficiaries.
- How the idea behind the Foundation has been received by the musical community.
- Which concert would she attend if her wish was granted?
“Click here to listen to the podcast interview.”:
- Read our interview with Sara Agah about the Foundation in the January 2014 issue of Be Inkandescent magazine.
- Read our feature with Michael Franti, our January Entrepreneur of the Month.
- Learn more about the Foundation at www.DoItFortheLove.org.
More about Lisa Rueff
In addition to being the executive director of the Do It For the Love Foundation, Lisa Rueff is a vibrant and enthusiastic Bay Area yoga teacher popular for her ability to bring community together for fun and flowing yoga classes, as well as for fundraising events to benefit causes close to her heart. Based in Marin, she leads yoga retreats, classes and workshops all over the world.
She started Yoga Ventures in order to take her life’s mission of community service to the next level. Through Yoga Ventures’ events she raises awareness and funds for local and international communities in need. As a vibrant and energetic teacher and community leader, she is passionate about inspiring, enriching, and nurturing others.
Leading international yoga and service trips abroad, she encourages her students to discover the joys of philanthropy and volunteer work. Lisa provides you with the opportunity to visit a foreign country, practice yoga on and off your mat, with meaningful, service-oriented yoga retreats. She combines her love of international travel and yoga with short-term humanitarian trips, having a profound and sustainable impact on the global community.
Lisa is also the founder and director of The Jacmel Children Center. She and her husband are building a children’s community center and permanent home for homeless orphans. Learn more here www.jacmelchildren.org.
- Learn all about the Do It For the Love Foundation at doitforthelove.org.
- Read our Inkandescent cover story on Do It For the Love Foundation co-founder Michael Franti in the January 2014 issue of Be Inkandescent magazine.
- Read our Q&A with Do It For the Love Foundation co-founder Sara Agah in the magazine’s January 2014 Nonprofit column.