Finance Rules: EBW Financial News Radio
With tax day looming, here are some tips to consider from CFP® Michael Egan, a founding partner at the Northern Virginia financial services firm, Egan Berger & Weiner, LLC.
“In our financial planning practice we do not prepare tax returns, but we do receive many tax-related questions around this time of year,” he explains, noting that there are some important items that people tend to overlook when preparing their taxes. “We hope that this information is helpful. As always, we recommend consulting a tax professional before you submit your tax return.”
In this podcast interview, Egan offers tips on:
- Retirement plan contribution deadlines
- Professional service fees
- Long-Term Care premiums may be tax deductible
- 529 Plan contributions
- And more!
Download the podcast now!
About Michael Egan
Michael P. Egan, CFP®
Financial Planner / Partner
- Founding partner of Egan, Berger & Weiner, LLC
- 24 years of experience in the financial services industry—as a mutual fund analyst, accountant, and financial planner
- Graduate of George Washington University, with a degree in finance
- Hosted a weekly radio show on financial planning in the Washington market.
- Presenter on retirement planning for Fairfax County Public School’s Adult and Community Education
- Active member of the Financial Planning Association (FPA)
- The son of Irish immigrants, Michael has been married to his wife, Terri, for 20 years, and they have two daughters, Amanda and Shannen. Originally a native of Connecticut, Michael moved to Northern Virginia in 1990. He is an avid New England sports fan and roots passionately for the Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, and UCONN Huskies.
- Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.