Finance Rules: EBW Financial News Radio
If you have an IRA, you might not be aware that changes have been made at the federal level regarding your account.
In this podcast interview, CFP Bryan Beatty tells us that sometimes an IRA is not a retirement account.
Specifically, Beatty explains:
1. IRAs and Roth IRAs receive what is known as a “retirement funds” exemption under Section 522 of the Bankruptcy Code. This exempts tax-exempt retirement funds from a bankruptcy estate. But sometimes they don’t. Can you explain why?
2. Does this presents a challenge to the old way of doing things?
3. How does this impact non-spousal IRA beneficiaries?
4. Should we be careful about appointing a general trust as beneficiary?
5. What else should we be aware of?
Download the podcast now!
You are listening to Finance Rules: Egan, Berger & Weiner’s monthly talk show on the Inkandescent Radio Network.
Tune in every month for a new episode from one of EBW’s financial planners and advisors at www.InkandescentRadio.com.
We’ll look forward to talking to you soon!