Grateful American™ Radio Show
When it comes to teaching American history, James G. Basker is known for being able to bring to life the stories, facts, and events of the past.
As president of the Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History since 1997, Basker has overseen the development of history education initiatives nationwide—including history high schools, teacher seminars, traveling exhibitions, digital archives, and the National History Teacher of the Year Award program.
In this podcast interview you’ll learn:
- What excites Basker most about American history.
- The mission, goals, and accomplishments of the Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History.
- What makes kids passionate about learning about the past—and why it’s so important.
- Why such a large swath of people in the United States don’t know enough about American history—and what can be done to change that.
- Why Basker started the National History Teacher of the Year award, and the impact it makes today on students and teachers who are passionate about history.
- And that’s just for starters.
Download the podcast now!
And click here to read more from Jim Basker, who is featured in the October 2014 issue of Be Inkandescent magazine.