Dishing It: From Soup to Nuts
Named the “Best Burger of 2014” by Richmond Region Tourism’s Burger Beatdown, Brux’l Cafe has become one of the hottest new bistros in town.
Located between Virginia Commonwealth University and Carytown at 1731 West Main Street, this taste of Brussels is a welcome addition to Richmond, which is being touted as the next great American food city.
“We love Richmond,” says Chef Xavier Meers, who opened the restaurant with his wife, Stephanie Danis, last year. “And we love beer and great food. So this is a perfect marriage.”
Inkandescent Radio had the privilege of interviewing the couple in August, right before their busy season began.
In this podcast interview you’ll learn:
- What inspired Chef Xavier and Stephanie to move from Brussels to Richmond and open a restaurant?
- Beyond the vast selection of beer and that mouthwatering truffle burger, why do customers flock to Brux’l Cafe?
- What is the chef’s favorite dish?
- Known as a foodie town, how does Richmond rank in terms of the quality of restaurants you’ve experienced in Europe?
- What’s next for Brux’l Cafe?
Download the podcast now!
Reserve a table at: bruxlcafe.com
Address: 1731 W. Main St, Richmond, VA 23220
Phone: (804) 355-3683
- Tues-Thurs: 4:00 to 10:00 p.m.
- Friday: 4:00 to 11:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 11:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Sunday Brunch: 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Happy Hour: Tues-Sat, 4:00 to 6:30 p.m.