Finance Rules: EBW Financial News Radio
April 2016 — The Tax Man Cameth this month, and the good news is that it’s behind us for them most part. So while all of that accounting is still at the top of your mind, here’s something to consider for next year, according to Certified Financial Planner Howard Pressman: Roth accounts.
Indeed, we have Howard here today on Egan, Berger & Weiner’s “Finance Rules” radio show to discuss the fact that Roth accounts are a great way to build flexibility into your retirement income planning. But to make the most of them — it’s best to start planning long before retirement.
In this podcast interview you’ll learn:
1. What is the difference between a Roth IRA and a Traditional IRA?
2. When you make a contribution to a Traditional IRA or 401(k) I understand that it is done before tax, meaning that you usually get a tax deduction equal to your contribution. Can you give us an example?
3. Are Roth accounts good strategies for younger investors?
4. What about for someone closer to retirement. Would a Roth still make sense?
5. You mentioned in your monthly e-newsletter to your clients that a Roth IRA may help lower Medicare premiums, can you explain that?
6. Last, tell us how to we can sign up for that e-newsletter so our viewers can get more financial planning tips like the ones you’ve shared with us today.
Download the podcast now!