Art 101: My Life As An Artist
Adrienne van Dooren has made her mark on the world of faux art.
The mastermind behind the project, The House That Faux Built, which is also a book, is a former military officer who in 2005 brought the decorating world’s best faux artists to Arlington, VA to turn a fixer-upper into a must-see work of art.
So we are thrilled to be here today to talk with Adrienne, who now resides in Asheville, NC.
In this podcast interview we discuss the 10 tips you need to have a successful career in government, including:
- What inspired you to buy a fixer-upper and bring 50 faux artists in to refurbish it?
- How much did you sell it for?
- Are there still copies of the book available?
- If someone wants to get into the faux business, what are some good steps?
- What are simple ways to improve your house for resale using faux techniques?
- Your new project is www.paint4thecure.com. What does that involve?
Download the podcast with van Doreen, at right.
- Click here to read our feature article on The House That Faux Built in the March 2013 issue of Be Inkandescent magazine.