2013 Conscious Capitalism Conference
The Inkandescent Radio Network is proud to have been invited to cover the Conscious Capitalism Conference 2013 in San Francisco, April 5-6.
We interviewed the leaders of the Conscious Capitalism movement, headed by chairman Raj Sisodia—a marketing professor and co-author of the 2013 book, “Conscious Capitalism,” along with Whole Foods Market CEO John Mackey.
What is Conscious Capitalism, and which companies and organizations have jumped on the bandwagon? That’s exactly what we asked the man behind the movement.
In this podcast interview, Sisodia explains:
- What the Conscious Capitalism movement is, and why this is a valuable, profitable way to think about business.
- How he met John Mackey, and what inspired them to write “Conscious Capitalism.”
- Their ultimate goal with the book—and the Conscious Capitalism movement.
- The Conscious Capitalism conference on April 5-6 in San Francisco.
- Sisodia’s work as a marketing professional, and which trends he is tracking in terms of how businesses view marketing their companies.
- Specific details on how business owners and entrepreneurs can tap into this new way of being effective, and making their businesses sustainable.
Are you ready to dive in?
- Click here to listen to our podcast interview with Raj Sisodia.
- Click here to learn about the Conscious Capitalism Conference 2013.
- Don’t miss our feature article on Conscious Capitalism in the April 2013 issue of Be Inkandescent magazine. In addition to our interview with Sisodia, check out our article on Sisodia’s co-author, Whole Foods Market CEO John Mackey.
- Click here to read about the March 26 USA Today article featuring Conscious Capitalism, Millennials Spur Capitalism With a Conscience — and learn how some of America’s biggest brands are delivering.
- Check out all of our interviews from the Conscious Capitalism Conference 2013.
About the Conscious Capitalism Conference:
Designed for business owners, executives, nonprofits, students, and others who want to understand the principles of Conscious Capitalism and how to apply them, the two-day conference featured dozens of speakers and workshop leaders from some of the most dynamic and innovative companies practicing Conscious Capitalism.
Shedule of Events:
Friday, April 5: Elevating Humanity Through Conscious Business
Nob Hill Masonic Center
Masonic Auditorium, 1111 California Street, San Francisco
8:30 am – 5:30 pm
Attendees learned from CEOs of leading companies using this revolutionary idea. Designed for a broad and diverse global audience, the format was principally presentation-based, with facilitated conversations and audience interaction.
Day One was a presentation-based overview of the principles of Conscious Capitalism and their application to business, appropriate to a broad and diverse audience. Presenters included:
• John Mackey, co-founder & co-CEO, Whole Foods Market, co-author,
“Conscious Capitalism: Liberating the Heroic Spirit of Business”
• Raj Sisodia, co-author, “Conscious Capitalism: Liberating the Heroic Spirit of Business”
• Ed Freeman, originator of Stakeholder Management Theory
• Kip Tindell, co-founder, CEO & chairman, The Container Store
• Casey Sheehan, CEO, Patagonia
• Walter Robb, co-CEO, Whole Foods Market
• Cheryl Rosner, CEO, Stayful
• Eric Ryan, co-fouder, Method Home Products
• Roy Spence, chairman, GSD&M/IdeaCity, author, “It’s Not What You Sell, It’s What You Stand For”
Saturday, April 6: Applying the Principles of Conscious Capitalism, Every Day
888 Howard Street, San Francisco
8:00 am – 5:30 pm
Day Two was a hands-on, practicum-based experience of Conscious Capitalism for business leaders and other practitioners who are looking to develop skills and to explore best practices for integrating Conscious Capitalism into their businesses.
The day included 32 practicums organized into eight tracks (Integration into Action, Purpose, two Stakeholder Orientation & Relations tracks, Conscious Leadership, Conscious Culture, Business Functions, and Meta Skills)
• “Making Monday Different,” designed and facilitated by The Drucker Institute
• “Implementing, Assessing & Elevating Stakeholder Engagement,” designed and facilitated by B Lab
• “Customer Engagement,” with members of Whole Foods Market regional, local, and store teams
• “A Conversation With John Mackey on Conscious Leadership” (attendees asked Mackey their questions and learned more about his personal practices)
• “Employee Engagement and Vendor Relations,” with leaders from The Container Store
• And much more!
Our spotlight today is on Raj Sisodia, a professor of Marketing at Bentley University in Boston, and the co-founder and chairman of the Conscious Capitalism Institute, www.ConsciousCapitalism.org.
Raj is also the co-author of the bestselling book he wrote with Whole Foods CEO John Mackey, “Conscious Capitalism: Liberating the Heroic Spirit of Business,” which was published by Harvard Business Review Press — and is the cover story for our April 2013 issue of Be Inkandescent magazine.