A Note from Marguerita Cheng, CFP® Pro — I invite you to tune in for this week’s episode of my podcast and video show, Margaritas with Marguerita, where for 15 minutes each Friday at 5:15 pm EST, we learn from industry experts how to flex our financial muscles live on Facebook.
Meet our guest: College funding specialist Brad Baldridge
Today’s Topic: The Top 10 College Planning Mistakes — and how to avoid them!
Rita asks Brad:
- If you are a parent and need to plan for college, where should you begin?
- What are some of the top strategies you recommend for saving and paying for college?
- You say that one of the biggest surprises for many parents is that the price of college isn’t what they see on school websites. What price should parents actually expect to pay?
- Many parents worry that paying for college will wipe out or delay their retirement. How can families balance paying for college and saving for retirement?
- You say that many students can attend a private college for about the same price as a public university. But private colleges are really expensive, so how is that possible?
About Brad Baldridge: A college funding specialist who has helped thousands of families plan and save for college with smart and proven strategies to save time, money, and stress, Brad has been sharing his college planning insights with clients, subscribers, and listeners for nearly 20 years.
As a financial expert, blogger, and host of the Taming the High Cost of College podcast, he teaches parents the best ways to save and pay for college, including how to find the right school, maximize financial aid and scholarships, avoid student loan debt, and make your children’s college dreams come true without wiping out your finances or retirement.
Since 1998, Brad has become one of the nation’s leading college planning and college finance experts. He offers life-changing advice through his private practice, his online platforms, and at numerous workshops, seminars, and events each year. Learn more at baldridgecollegesolutions.com.