Tuesday, September 28, 2021, 5pm EST — Don’t miss the third episode in our three-part series, “What’s Abortion Got to Do With It?” You’ll learn about the impact and consequences of the new Texas abortion law from our panel: award-winning documentary filmmaker and founder of Voices4Change Tracy Schott, founder of RESPOND Against Violence attorney Kelsey McKay, and social worker Erica Olson. Be sure to listen to all three shows!
Episode 3 — Meaningful Solutions — The Impact of Restrictive Abortion Law, and what we can do about TX SB8.
- Why abortion laws are not about protecting the unborn: From the irony of birth control to Texas laws that are not pro-life, we’ll also dive into the reality of protecting babies after they are born
- Abortion laws that make abortion more dangerous and less accessible to the most vulnerable
- The gender gap, human trafficking, sexual assault, child abuse — and its link to domestic violence
- What Texas will look like in 5 years if this law stands? From rape crises centers to the immigrant population, we’ll share lessons from other countries
- And perhaps the most important of our conversation — Solutions: From supporting life to protecting women vs. embryos, we will close our series by shining a light on the importance of increasing awareness of gender-based violence
Watch all three episodes:
- Episode 1: Understanding the Law — and its impact on women and their unborn babies. Click here to watch our Sept. 12 interview.
- Episode 2: Reproductive Control, Pregnancy, and Intimate Partner Violence. Click here to watch the Sept. 21 interview.
- Episode 3: Meaningful Solutions — The Impact of Restrictive Abortion Law, and what we can do about it. Click here to watch the Sept. 28 interview.