A Note from Hope Katz Gibbs, executive producer and host, Inkandescent Radio — On today’s episode of Authors Between the Covers, you’ll meet New York Times bestselling author Caroline Leavitt, a phenom in the book publishing world. We know you’ll love meeting her as much as we love knowing this truly amazing woman!
Backstory: I met Caroline a decade ago when I was hired by the magazine I write for, The Costco Connection, to interview her. She had just stepped into book publishing stardom, but her down-to-earth personality shone through. In the last ten years, she’s found even more fame — but as you’ll learn in the podcast, she’s kept true to her authentic self. Not only does she continue to publish heartwarmingly heartbreaking stories, but she is also an advocate for writers everywhere.
In today’s episode, you’ll learn:
- All about her current career as an author
- What she has been doing in the last ten years since I first interviewed her
- What got her into the writing business
- What some of her biggest challenges have been
- What her biggest successes are
- What she wishes she knew then that she knows now
- What insight and wisdom she has for aspiring
- What’s Next for Caroline Leavitt!
Who she is: Author of more than a dozen books, including one of her favorites, “Picture” of You.”
What she does: “In my books, I delve into difficult situations and work them out. It’s where I put all of the things I’m afraid of and obsess about. This makes me a much happier person in regular life.”
Why she does it: “I’m always obsessed with what pulls people together and what tugs them apart, particularly families. I love to try to figure out how people are their best, or their worst, in difficult situations.”