May 5: A Note from Marguerita Cheng, CFP® Pro — I invite you to tune in for this week’s episode of my podcast and video show, Margaritas with Marguerita, where for 15 minutes each Friday at Happy Hour, we start the weekend off learning from industry experts how to flex our financial muscles.
Meet our guest: Liz Davidson, founder and CEO of Financial Finesse
Today’s Topic: Becoming Money Strong
Rita asks Liz:
- April was Financial Literacy Month, but at Margaritas with Marguerita, we celebrate it year-round — tell our audience what it means to you to be “financially well?”
- Where do you see the value in financial coaching? How can financial coaching help people prepare for anything life throws?
- Your company works mainly with employers and employees, including professional sports associations. But you recently launched a program to support college athletes, who have been given the opportunity to make money from NIL deals in the last two years. What does financial success look like for this next generation?
- You recently released your second book, Money Strong, which provides comprehensive advice for individuals to achieve their short-term and long-term financial goals. What would you say is your new book’s number one piece of advice?
- What advice from your book could listeners start implementing right now to bring them one step closer to financial freedom?
About our guest: Liz Davidson is the founder and CEO of Financial Finesse, the country’s leading independent provider of financial wellness coaching. A bestselling author, her new book Money Strong: Your Guide to a Life Free of Financial Worries hit shelves on February 28, 2023.
“The book distills my 24 years of experience in helping Americans of all walks of life achieve financial freedom,” explains Liz, who disrupted the financial services industry in 1999 with holistic financial wellness and has consistently maintained her company’s dominance in the field since. More than 1.5 million users—employees at Fortune 500 leaders like General Mills, Nestle, and the NFL Players Association—agree that Financial Finesse services have changed their lives for the better. With Money Strong, Liz makes her proven framework available to the wider public.
Liz and Financial Finesse are also working on NIL Long Game, a digital financial literacy course for college athletes who can now earn money with their name, image, and likeness (NIL). The digital platform is bridging the financial literacy gap and equipping college athletes with the tools to maximize their endorsement deals, prepare for the future, and navigate financially uncertain times. While other courses currently exist on the market, none are as comprehensive as NIL Long Game—nor are they free of cost to colleges, universities, and student-athletes. The platform is launching on March 7 with support from Carl Nassib of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, former NFL player J.R. Tolver, and other exciting names at the nexus of sports and education.
Learn more at FinancialFinesse.com.