March 31, 2023: A Note from Marguerita Cheng, CFP® Pro — I invite you to tune in for this week’s episode of my podcast and video show, Margaritas with Marguerita, where for 15 minutes each Friday at Happy Hour, we start the weekend off learning from industry experts how to flex our financial muscles.
Today’s Topic: Be a better leader. Build a better workplace.
Rita asks Michelle:
- Some listeners may be wondering what HR has to do with financial planning. Tell us about that.
- Do you have tips + advice for a salary negotiation? And maybe a story to share where this was done well?
- How much does annual salary matter in terms long term Financial Planning or success?
- What other things can listeners negotiate other than salary?
- What’s next for you, and where can people find you?
About our guest: Michelle’s career path has taken her on a twenty-year-progressive journey through strategic Human Resources from a recruiter to a People Experience Officer and onto a consultant, executive coach, graduate school professor, and host of the True Stories at Work podcast.
Michelle’s company, Physics at Work, partners with companies to align their people to the business strategy, focusing on innovation, impact, and outcomes. She also works with leaders to develop their personal and professional growth capacity through leadership coaching and advising.
During her career, Michelle explored every functional area of Human Resources as she developed a passion for shaping company culture and building better workforces.
She has taken improv and standup comedy classes and knows learning and leading should be collaborative and fun.
Michelle hosts the True Stories at Work podcast, where she shares the best things about working in Human Resources: the people, the stories, and the real things that happen at work that you never knew about workplace confessions! Learn more: physicsatwork.com