February 24 2023
Episode 82 — Margaritas with Marguerita Cheng, CFP® Pro: Meet our guest, Tony Steuer, a champion for financial wellness and financial inclusion
Feb. 24, 2023: A Note from Marguerita Cheng, CFP® Pro — I invite you to tune in for this week’s episode of my podcast and video show, Margaritas with Marguerita, where for 15 minutes, we learn from industry experts how to flex our financial muscles.
Meet today’s guest: Tony Steuer, a champion for financial wellness and financial inclusion
Today’s Topic: Championing financial wellness and financial inclusion
Rita asks Tony:
- What is your origin story? How did you get started in financial wellness?
- Why is important to change how we think about money?
- Why is financial wellness a social justice issue?
- How can we increase inclusion in financial wellness?
- What is the Get Ready Movement?
- Why should people create a personal money manifesto?
- Why is a financial calendar a great way to help people stay prepared?
- How can members of the traditional financial services community collaborate rather than compete with non-traditional financial service providers like financial coaches or personal finance gurus?
About our guest: Tony Steuer, CLU, LA, CPFFE, is an internationally recognized financial wellness advocate, award-winning author, and podcaster. He is the creator of The Get Ready Movement, which helps people create their own personal money manifesto and uses a financial calendar so that people can stay prepared. The Get Ready Movement provides a framework for integrating financial products, financial advice, and advisors.
Tony is also an Adviser at Paperwork and Dingo Technologies. He is a contributor to ForbesAdvisor, as well as an expert content reviewer for Nerdwallet. Tony is a member of ThinkAdvisor’s LUMINARIES Class of 2022 as a Finalist in Thought Leadership & Education. Tony served as a long-term member of The California Department of Insurance Curriculum Board. Known as a trailblazer in financial wellness, Tony’s mission is to change how we think about money.
Tony is regularly featured in media, including ABC’s Seven on Your Side, Cheddar TV, New York Times, the Washington Post, Fast Company, Chicago Tribune, CNBC, and Fox Business News. Tony is also a frequent podcast guest. Learn more at tonysteuer.com.
Learn more about Marguerita Cheng, CFP® Pro: MargueritaCheng.com • Listen to Rita’s podcast show, Margaritas with Marguerita, on her radio channel: MargueritaChengRadio.com • Watch all of the show’s video episodes on Rita’s YouTube channel: www.MargueritaCheng.tv